Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lucky

LUCKY
JASON MRAZ FEAT. COLBIE CAILAT

[WE SING, WE DANCE, WE STEAL THINGS]

It’s a natural instinct isn’t it, when you hear your favourite song, you’d turn up the volume a little. What’s weird is, you’d turn up the volume when it isn’t your favourite song, but a song that brings you memories.

I wish I could just go somewhere and kneel down to cry now. The next thing I know, I just replayed the song, right from the beginning. Tears are already welling up. I feel like an auctioned item. Going once… Going twice… And I’m gone.

My body feels feverish. But every time this song plays, there’s this nice fuzzy feeling that goes from my head all the way to my toes. It isn’t my favourite song. But when memories come along with it, it naturally changes the course of this song.

My vision is blurring, from the tears in my eyes. My colleagues are chatting noisily around me. I just want to hide away and find a hole to cry. I wish for an angel to get me out of the hole. Tell me that I’m safe in his arms; tell me that he’ll make things easier for me when life gets hard.

My temperature’s rising. My fingers turn cold. I don’t know what to say. There’s this wound in my heart that I refuse to stitch. I’d rather let it infest with memories that won’t do me any good. It hurts so much, but I keep forgetting. Forgetting how to forget.

Every time, I think about it, my head aches. My heart cries. And my eyes water. But when I force myself not to think about it, it gets worse. And at night, they all come back at once to haunt me. My pillows are already wet from my tears. Its only the second night. I don’t have a lot of pillows to see through the many other nights I’m going to have.

Why does it hurt me so…?

What is it about her that I am not…?

When did we, fall apart?
Why did you lie right from the start?
When you said its only you…
I was blind, such a fool
Thinking we were unbreakable…

It was you and me…
Against the world…
And you promise me forever more
Was it something that I said?
Was it something that I did?
Cos’ I gotta know
What made me unbeautiful?


UNBEAUTIFUL
LESLEY ROY

[LESLEY ROY]

0 Speak here:

Post a Comment

<< Home